I have a few thousand bibtex entries that I want formatted in, say, acm format in a markdown format.
On-line tools like https://balanceofcowards.net/bibtex2pdf.html just crash on my input file.
http://www.cs.bham.ac.uk/~wbl/biblio/tools/bib2txt.bat needs utilities I don't have locally (e.g. dvi2tty) which is odd since I already have a local tex installation
https://github.com/ledlie/cmd-line-tools/blob/master/bib2txt is cool but it does not generate output in some officially approved style
I tried hacking something in
pandoc using instructions from Bibtex to html/Markdown/etc., using Pandoc i.e. grep the bibtex for the tags, create a faux .tex file with references to all those tags, then do
pandoc aa.tex -o aa.md --bibliography aa.bib
Expected result: a markdown files with links to the bib content
Actual results: I got was the links (no actually ref content)
[@fugrid16] [@mirirli11] [@Kim:2015] [@turhan2009relative]