If I want to adjust the space occupied at the top of a page. I use the command


The effect of which is that - the page contents move upward by the amount set, e.g. -0.5in. This results in an unclaimed space at the bottom of the page. How can I claim that unused space? My intent in using \voffset is to move the contents of the page a bit up so that more of the page gets filled.

  • 1
    Better is to use geometry package for settings page layout.See its documentation.It is part of your LaTeX installation. Also you can find it on-line by gooogling.
    – Zarko
    Mar 4, 2020 at 21:34
  • 1
    @Sameeresque I believe you are looking for \enlargethispage or \enlargethispage*.
    – frougon
    Mar 4, 2020 at 23:30

1 Answer 1


It's better to use the geometrypackage, as @Zarko said. Here is an example:


You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .