This is a common question but frankly, there seems not to be an easy successful way to do it. All the resources that I found do not work. Including, I cannot reproduce videos in PDF files by Okular on my Fedora 30. Can you folks write down a "definite" concise and clear guide, if possible? I know that this might be subjected to the Linux Distro. So in my case I am working in Fedora 30.
These are the resources I looked into:
- Andrew J. Berry's original guide (refers to use Adobe Acrobat Reader 9.4.1 -- dropped it: too obsolete).
- Andrew J. Berry's new guide (a headache)
- SE classic page 1 (does not provide a working solution)
- SE classic page 2 (refers to
media9package which again seems to work with AR 9.4.1 which makes a joke to install a 10-year-old software on Linux 2020 that Adobe even discontinued, and also relies on the Flash plugin which is going to be discontinued this year).
- Overleaf example (which does not work for me, despite following the instructions on the link).
For speculators: Why something so fundamental like including multimedia and videos in a PDF presentation, has to be such a nightmare in Beamer (under Linux)?