I apologize for not providing any code, but I am just looking for some help getting started. I am trying to create a very simple LaTeX template for my university, nothing fancy. Another university in my country has made this template https://github.com/martstr/beamerthementnu, and I could adapt it for my needs. However, this solution seems way too advanced for what I am trying to achieve. Using it would feel like swatting flies with a sledgehammer.
I will make a small list below of what I am trying to achieve. My purpose with this post are some pointers for where to start, and what tools might be best suited to accomplish this task.
- My template only needs two different page types. The first is a frontpage and the second is a plain background.
- I need some settings to switch
languageand change the logo on the frontpage depending on the language chosen.
- I need to select the colors to be used in the template (according to the universitys color specifications).
- The background is just the image depicted below
One of the logo's I need to switch between is shown below
If possible the frontpage should be structured like this "Tittel dokument " = Document title and the smaller text bellow is an optional subtitle. The text at the bottom is the authors and address field
Combining the frontpage with the logo should hopefull look something like this
The plain background looks like this
- I am not asking for a full solution here. I am just looking for some help on how to get started creating my own simple template from scratch.