Tried looking this up, but having trouble finding anything that was helpful.
I just recently built a new computer and installed MikTex on this new desktop. I took a file that compiled on my previous desktop and struggled to get it to compile on this new desktop. I kept getting the error:
File "thmtools.sty" not found
I go into the MikTex console and look it up under packages and made sure it was installed. I tried restarting my computer, reinstalling the package, etc, but the error kept popping up. When finally looking into my files, I found the thmtools file, which does not contain any sty files. (It only downloaded dtx files.) I went to CTAN to manually download the tex files. I found the sty files. I couldn't get it to work in the MikTex files, but I DID get it to compile in the folder itself with the tex file I was creating by pasting all of the sty files from thmtools. There are so many .sty files in that folder right now from this quick workaround.
I've ran into this issue before on my previous computer. I'm wondering if there's a better and more permanent way to fix this so that I don't just end up with a massive amount of .sty files. I always just copy and paste from my previous folder when creating a new one.