1

I'm running a document which compiles to HTML using make4ht + LuaLaTeX.

When testing both on Ubuntu, it works flawlessly, but when the same document is ran on Windows 10 with MiKTeX, I get a bunch of "Unsupported font" errors.

While making a minimal example, I realized this only happened when I imported the polyglossia package.

A minimal example of such document:

\documentclass{article}

\usepackage{polyglossia}

\begin{document}
Hello world
\end{document}

Compiled through (using v0.3e from MikTeX):

$ make4ht -l document.tex

Gives:

[STATUS]  make4ht: Conversion started
[STATUS]  make4ht: Input file: prueba.tex
This is LuaTeX, Version 1.12.0 (MiKTeX 20.7)
 restricted system commands enabled.
Unsupported font        [lmroman10-regular]:+tlig;
This is LuaTeX, Version 1.12.0 (MiKTeX 20.7)
 restricted system commands enabled.
Unsupported font        [lmroman10-regular]:+tlig;
This is LuaTeX, Version 1.12.0 (MiKTeX 20.7)
 restricted system commands enabled.
Unsupported font        [lmroman10-regular]:+tlig;

# (a bunch of debugging from the document iself)

----------------------------------------------------
--- error --- Can't find/open file `[lmroman10-regular]:+tlig;.tfm'
[FATAL]   make4ht-lib: Fatal error. Command tex4ht returned exit code 1

This is a fresh installation of Windows 10 running latest MiKTeX, installed directly from their website. The command was run under PowerShell. The full output of make4ht can be found on this gist.

I've tried changing fonts with no luck, as well as playing with MiKTex settings.

2
  • 2
    the tex4ht version in miktex seems to lag behind the one in texlive (where your example works). Ask for an update in the miktex issue tracker. Commented Sep 1, 2020 at 7:36
  • 1
    It seems that this issue is fixed now, Miktex's files for TeX4ht were updated recently.
    – michal.h21
    Commented Oct 20, 2020 at 13:49

0

You must log in to answer this question.

Browse other questions tagged .