I have a problem using the figure environment. In my example I have three figures with pictures in them. If they are to big to fit on one site, the error

=====Latex reported missing or unavailable character(s). =====

occurs and the thrid picture won´t appear. If I put a \newpage after the second picture everything works as intended.


\usepackage[utf8]{inputenc}       % Standard for Linux
\usepackage[ngerman]{babel}       % For German language
\usepackage{setspace}             % For line spread

% For pdflatex
  % One of these two:

% For latex (dvi)
  % One of these two:

  % make the command \href from hyperref available as a 'print only'



\usepackage[style=apa, backend=biber]{biblatex}


    \caption{Dokument als Vektor}

    \caption{Dokument als Vektor}

    \caption{Dokument als Vektor}


Does anyone know why this error appears?

Edit.: This is the picture in question: This is the picture in question

As Upload

Log as Pastebin

  • 1
    we can't test without the pictures, but try to remove the [ht]. – Ulrike Fischer Mar 30 at 14:38
  • I added the pircutre, didn´t know that i could upload images ;) Removing the [ht] does not work, unfortunately. – Klaas Mar 30 at 14:44
  • 1
    that is not the same as your original picture. Show your log-file. And better don't use the tabu package, it is broken and unmaintained. – Ulrike Fischer Mar 30 at 14:48
  • I added the log-file and the picture :) – Klaas Mar 30 at 14:56
  • 1
    sorry I can reproduce your problem, but you have outdated local files here /home/klaas/texmf/tex/generic/babel-german/ngerman.ldf, perhaps they are doing some nonsense. – Ulrike Fischer Mar 30 at 15:13

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.