I've generated the following PDF using pdflatex: https://ofir.io/train_short_test_long.pdf
It can be viewed perfectly fine if opened in the Chrome PDF viewer or in Preview in Mac OS X, but if I open it in Adobe Acrobat Reader I get the following error:
An error exists on this page. Acrobat may not display the page correctly. Please contact the person who created the PDF document to correct the problem.
And what happens is that most of the PDF looks totally fine in Acrobat but the following figures are not displayed: 4,5,6,7(b),10
Which is very weird since I used the same software (matplotlib) to generate all the figures. And I use identical graphicx commands to include all figures in the document.
This problem still occurs even when I compile with LuaLaTex. Those figures are all PDF files themselves, and if I open just the figure in Adobe it works fine. When compiling the PDF there's no errors and just 1 warning about a table. Lastly, I've heard from a user of OneNote that a similar error occurs when the PDF is opened there.
Thanks so much!