I read this wonderful paper by Alexander Perlis entitled "A complement to \smash, \llap, and \rlap". The author draws the boundary boxes that LaTeX uses for typesetting like so:

enter image description here

Question: How can I draw such boundary boxes? I want this to better understand the various modes like the vertical and horizontal modes. Hence I also need to know how to draw these in different modes and not just math mode.



You must log in to answer this question.

Browse other questions tagged .