My goal is to install commercial font GT-America to use with TeX. The font consist of several .otf files.
What I did so far:
- Installed all the fonts using sudo autoinst
- Ran sudo texhash and sudo updmap -sys afterwards
- Ran pdflatex with my sample document
The error that occured: If I run pdflatex for my file, it almost finishes, but then it gets stuck on this error:
--mfmode / --bdpi 600 --mag 1+150/600 --dpi 750 GTAmerica-CondensedBold-lf-t1--base
mktexpk: don't know how to create bitmap font for GTAmerica-CondensedBold-lf-t1--base.
mktexpk: perhaps GTAmerica-CondensedBold-lf-t1--base is missing from the map file.
What I've tried to solve the issue:
- Cleaned the config file in my directory
- Took a look at the map folder in /usr/share/texmf/fonts/map/dvips/GTAmerica, the font seems to be there
Linux 6.2.10-1-MANJARO (64-bit)
TeX 3.141592653 (TeX Live 2023/Arch Linux)
kpathsea version 6.3.5
If anybody has a clue or could point me to the right direction, I'd be really grateful.