I am having a strange problem with the "Document class" option in Lyx. Up until now, all document classes showed as "unavailable". Nonetheless, when I viewed documents as PDFs, they appeared as the standard article class. I wanted to try more document classes, so I read this thread, and followed these steps:
- Copy the files in C:/Program Files (x86)//Resources/layouts/
- Paste the files into C:/Users//AppData/Roaming//layouts/
- In command prompt, run texhash
- Then, in LyX click Tools > Reconfigure; when finished restart LyX.
The document classes now show as available, but something has gone seriously wrong! I have attached a screenshot of how my PDF appears when using the standard article class. The text appears wobbly and nothing like the standard article class that I am used to.
I am using all default settings. Things I have already tried:
- Uninstalling and reinstalling Lyx
- Updating all packages in MikTex console and reconfiguring Lyx
- Changing to many different document classes