Years ago I attended lectures where the lecturer used a "consider" quantifier. The symbol was very handy, and now I wish to type it in TeX. The problem is that I fail to type it or even guess its name. What tex symbol is used for the "consider" word? And what other names does it have, if any? I've attached the image enter image description here

  • 1
    Welcome to TeX.SE! Have you tried detexify.kirelabs.org/classify.html ?
    – Mensch
    Commented Feb 21 at 9:09
  • @Mensch, Thank you for the link, it's new for me! Now I'm trying several drawings, but the best for now \lessdot lacks a vertical line. Also, I found the unicode's ("Measured Right Angle with Dot", U+299D), but it's orientation is 45-deg. wrong
    – Makaleks
    Commented Feb 21 at 9:25
  • 1
    You could use U+023FF ⏿ with lualatex or xelatex and a font that has it (Unicode "Observer Eye Symbol") Or more commonly available U+207p (Unicode Less-than with circle inside) Commented Feb 21 at 9:31
  • The way you use this symbol, it's not a quantifier, though this symbol is a variable binder as well. Write “Let“ or “let” instead. Purely logically (style aside), “let” is standard.
    – AlMa1r
    Commented Feb 21 at 14:17

1 Answer 1


If you are fine with a curved line you can superimpose \sphericalangle with \cdot. Otherwise... picture mode!



             \scriptscriptfont\fi\fi\fi\thr@@}% default frac rule width


$X \considerA X$
$\scriptstyle X \considerA X$
$\scriptscriptstyle X \considerA X$

$X \considerB X$
$\scriptstyle X \considerB X$
$\scriptscriptstyle X \considerB X$


enter image description here

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .