How can I produce the below image in LaTEX. To be specific look at the starting word of the paragraph. I dont want to produce that word, but the format in which the paragraph is produced looks nice. I hope people understand what I want.


enter image description here

marked as duplicate by T. Verron, Joseph Wright Feb 13 '13 at 9:27

This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.

  • 1
    It's known as a drop cap there are several packages which help with that and discussion on this site see tex.stackexchange.com/search?q=drop+cap – David Carlisle Feb 13 '13 at 9:14
  • An alternative name is 'lettrine' (from the French): there is a package by this name and also a lettrine tag on the site. (There's a more general drop-cap tag too, which I've added to the question). – Joseph Wright Feb 13 '13 at 9:15
  • OK, based on the OP's comment I'll close. – Joseph Wright Feb 13 '13 at 9:27

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.