New answers tagged

1

You can use \newrefcontext[labelprefix=S] in a refcontext: \documentclass{article} \usepackage{filecontents} \begin{filecontents*}{\jobname.bib} @book{lamport1994latex, title={LATEX: a document preparation system: user's guide and reference manual}, author={Lamport, Leslie}, year={1994}, publisher={Addison-wesley} } @book{...


1

add hyperref package and use url = {\href{http://stuff.mit.edu/afs/athena/course/12/12.115/www/12.114%20Papers/BGS/Metamorphic/DetailedMetamorphic/9%20Metasomatism%20and%20metasomatic%20rocks.pdf%7B%5C%%7D5Cnwww.bgs.ac.uk/scmr/home.html}{source}}, in biblio file


3

With biblatex that is as easy as changing the field format for url from the standard (l. 582 in biblatex.def, v3.15a) \DeclareFieldFormat{url}{\mkbibacro{URL}\addcolon\space\url{#1}} to \DeclareFieldFormat{url}{\href{#1}{\mkbibacro{URL}}} In the MWE I simplified and modernised some of your modifications (in particular I got rid of some superfluous load-...


1

Biber processes all \steps in a \map sequentially unless one of the \steps has the final option, which tells Biber to stop at this step if it does not apply. Since there are no finals in the code shown in the question, all \steps get executed, which means that in the end both volume and number get removed. You need to separate the different things you want ...


0

Ok, @UlrikeFischer's solution for this biber bug has worked! Bibliography has loaded without issues. Looks like it's indeed an issue with .bib file length. For anyone experiencing this in the future, replace the biber 2.15 with 2.16. Many thanks folks!


1

You can use geometry's \newgeometry (and \restoregeometry). Declare the normal page layout in the preamble and then set the layout for the bibliography with \newgeometry. Since a new page layout only really works on a new page we issue \cleardoublepage before we change the margins. \documentclass[british]{article} \usepackage[T1]{fontenc} \usepackage{babel} \...


3

uni-wtal-ger is depending on biblatex-dw. Like many other custom styles, the citation and bibliography styles included in those packages are mutually dependent. So mixing uni-wtal-ger or biblatex-dw with other styles will lead to errors. The style does still work perfectly when using it completely as citestyle and bibstyle though. So please try \usepackage[ ...


1

Let's start with some modifications, which you should all include after loading biblatex and before \begin{document} You want to get rid of the quotation marks around the title. Use \DeclareFieldFormat[article,inbook,incollection,inproceedings,patent,thesis,unpublished]{title}{#1\isdot} You can modify the list in brackets if you just want to remove ...


0

In general it is not possible to mix different citation styles. But very often it is possible to cook something up that almost lets you have different citation styles. In this case you can steal quite a lot of code from numeric.bbx and numeric.cbx. \documentclass[american]{article} \usepackage[T1]{fontenc} \usepackage[utf8]{inputenc} \usepackage{babel} \...


1

0. Use @online instead of @misc The @online entry type always shows the url field regardless of the global url option setting. \documentclass[british]{article} \usepackage[T1]{fontenc} \usepackage[utf8]{inputenc} \usepackage{babel} \usepackage{csquotes} \usepackage[backend=biber, style=authoryear, url=false]{biblatex} \begin{filecontents}{\jobname.bib} @...


0

For posterity, here is the listing of what I did, based on the answer here, which was suggested in the comments. Inside biblatex-dm.cfg, which can be put in the same directory as the main .tex file, \DeclareDatamodelFields[type=field,datatype=verbatim]{cds} \DeclareDatamodelEntryfields{cds} In the main .tex, after \usepackage{biblatex}, before the \begin{...


1

use \usepackage{biblatex} in the preamble Make biber default bibtex compiler in your editor load bibliography information in a separate file, say ref.bib add your bibliography resource in the preamble with \addbibresource{ref.bib} or \bibliography{ref}. As pointed out in a comment, apparently MikTeX and TeXLive handles filenames differently. So with \...


0

The problem is in the path used for the references. The path used in the MWE was in Portuguese (language of my notebook) C:/Users/dvale/Documentos/3_References/References.bib But changing Documentos for Documents, the problem disappeared C:/Users/dvale/Documents/3_References/References.bib


0

The problem is in the path used for the references. The path used in the MWE was in Portuguese (language of my notebook) C:/Users/dvale/Documentos/3_References/References.bib But changing Documentos for Documents, the problem disappeared C:/Users/dvale/Documents/3_References/References.bib


0

I have a bib file with more than 4500 entries that works perfectly with TexLive2019 and TexStudio 3.0.1 under Windows 10. When I moved to a different Windows 10 computer, I downloaded TexLive2020 and TexStudio 3.0.1. I immediately got this error when attempting to compile my document. It is the same bib file running on both machines because I download it ...


0

One of our students ran into the same problem, but it couldn't be solved simply by splitting the .bib file into chunks or deleting large parts of it that weren't really needed. It seems like the most pressing issues were the @MvBook coded entries in the .bib file (also done in JabRef like yours) as well as references to them in the text by /volcite (and \...


Top 50 recent answers are included