4

The MWE doesn't reproduce the badly broken ISBN for me and the issue in Uehara1990 is much less pronounced. But be that as it may. The issue with the ISBN is that TeX simply does not hyphenate numbers by default. An easy workaround that is arguably more aesthetically pleasing anyway would be to put isbn = {978-1-4503-7464-4}, instead of isbn = {...


4

To answer the first question, an immediate hack is shown below. Medium-term solution would be to enhance OSCOLA's regex processing when constructing the index sort key (contact the maintainer). Long-term solution for easier maintenance would be, possibly, to separate out the components of the case number molecule into its atoms as separate fields: then ...


4

Especially for classic authors and text you can use the biblatex-style archaeologie. The special thing is the various versions of an ancient author you can use. There is the common/known way, like "Pliny the Elder" which is stored in shortauthor. Since the way of referencing to classic books is rather specified (e.g. "Plin. nat.") you can use the field ...


3

Add this to your preamble: \renewbibmacro*{in:}{} \DeclareFieldFormat{url}{\url{#1}} \DeclareFieldFormat{doi}{% \ifhyperref {\href{https://doi.org/#1}{\nolinkurl{#1}}} {\nolinkurl{#1}}} Compare these with the default definitions from biblatex.def which include "in: ", "URL: ", and DOI: ": \newbibmacro*{in:}{% \printtext{% \bibstring{in}\...


3

This is easily possible with refsegments. The most convenient way to use them is probably by passing segment=chapter, to biblatex at loading time. Then biblatex will start a new refsegment for every \chapter. Per-chapter bibliographies are produced with \printbibliography[heading=subbibliography, segment=\therefsegment] and only contain citations from the ...


3

I'll only address the question about the date. Bold names have been dealt with extensively elsewhere: Make specific author bold using biblatex. We can define a \iflastnyears{<n>} that checks if the year field is among the last <n> (complete) years, so that currently (i.e. in 2020) \iflastnyears{5} would be true for the years 2015 up to and ...


2

For the first comma in the @incollection you need to redefine editortypedelim (see for example Remove comma after editor name in biblatex and biblatex: How to remove the comma before ed./eds.?). The period is a bit tricker and in the example there are several ways to produce a period in that position, but the effects may vary if there are more fields in the ...


2

The editor handling in windycity is quite different from what other biblatex styles have implemented. In particular windycity uses a complex set of rules to determine which editors (of which type) are shown, see §3. Editors, Translators, and Compilers of the windycity documentation. The following adds support for a reviser, but it uses the standard biblatex ...


2

Since windycity is an extremely modular style it is enough to redefine the bibmacro longtitle. Its original definition doesn't contain the \iffieldundef{short\xtitle title} block (see ll. 1167-1173 of windycity.bbx in version 2019/07/17). \documentclass[12pt]{article} \usepackage[style=windycity,backend=biber]{biblatex} \renewbibmacro*{longtitle}{% \...


1

Thank you for your useful comments! Indeed, the problem was due to an old dirty hack I forgot I made on environment variables. From older TeX installations, I did not use TEXMFHOME and used a custom TEXINPUTS that was not set properly and had :/usr/share/texlive/texmf-dist//: as a substring. I unset TEXINPUTS, moved my TeX stuff to $MYDEVPATH/texmf and set ...


1

As mentioned in my answer to Biblatex punctuation after author for @article you apply a lot of modifications to a style that was purpose built to reproduce the requirements of the IEEE. Usually the standard styles are easier to modify. In this particular case the biblatex-ext styles would make our lives a whole lot easier, because they have a simple option ...


1

If you really want English abbreviations for journal and number in a German document, you can redefine the bibstrings. (In the MWE I removed everything that was not essential for the question, so that it is easier to spot what needs to be done: You only need the \DefineBibliographyStrings block.) \documentclass[11pt, a4paper]{article} \usepackage[ngerman]{...


1

biblatex-ieee is a bit inconsistent in its driver code here. Most drivers in ieee.bbx have \setunit{\labelnamepunct}\newblock between author and title. (\labelnamepunct was deprecated recently, one would now say \setunit{\printdelim{nametitledelim}}\newblock instead.) But the @article driver only has \newunit and the @online driver has \setunit{\adddot\...


1

The formatting of pages in the bibliography (more precisely of the pages field in the bibliography) is controlled by the field format pages. Its default definition is \DeclareFieldFormat{pages}{\mkpageprefix[bookpagination]{#1}} but you can easily redefine it to drop the page prefix: \DeclareFieldFormat{pages}{#1} This does not affect the page numbers in ...


1

This is sort of expected. There are several steps involved in generating bibliographies and citations in LaTeX with .bib files and these involve running LaTeX (pdfLaTeX, LuaLaTeX, XeLaTeX, ...) and Biber (or BIbTeX). Question mark or bold citation key instead of citation number explains brilliantly what needs to happen and you should definitely read Paul ...


1

The dgruyter.pdf companion to the dgruyter.sty available from https://www.degruyter.com/page/production-for-authors (specifically this .zip archive, if you want to obtain the .sty file from the files in the archive, run pdflatex dgruyter.ins) has the following to say about bibliographies It is recommended to use the standard bibliography mechanism. You ...


Only top voted, non community-wiki answers of a minimum length are eligible