I think that latexmk is designed for this kind of situation. It's included in some TeX distributions, so you may have it already. Once it's configured properly, you should just have to run it once, and it will automatically detect whether Python needs to be run, run it, and then rerun LaTeX if needed. Anyway, once you have latexmk, in Emacs, run M-x ...
I suggest you don't hack on AUCTeX's commands but define your own one. You can define a series of shell commands to run via TeX-command-sequence.
(TeX-command-sequence COMMAND &optional RESET FILE-FN)
Run a sequence of TeX commands defined by COMMAND.
The COMMAND argument may be
nil: no command will be run in this case
a string ...
Something went wrong with the installation. Under .../texlive/2019/texmf-dist/tex/latex/latexconfig/ resides a file called pdflatex.ini. It seems this is missing in your installation.
Can you call tlcockpitand under "Tools" click on "Rebuild all formats"? Or if you use tlshell, there also you can rebuild the formats.
Please watch the log, if you get an ...
tex4ht compiles document in the DVI mode, where the only graphics format supported out of the box is eps. If you want to use jpg, png, or svg, you need to declare list of extensions that should be looked up in the image inclusion. This can be done in a configuration file:
In the meantime I have found a solution that is robust and that involves:
A Docker image
A GitHub repository
A CI such as TravisCI
One minimal example would be https://github.com/heig-vd-tin/refcard
A Makefile allow to use the Docker image to build the project
# Sed replacement for WSL
PWD!=pwd | sed 's/^\/mnt//'
DOCKER=docker run -it -v "$(...
No problem with the following preamble and up-to-date TeXLive2019
Your document's code suffers from several commonly-encountered problems:
Load the hyperref package last. There are very few exceptions to this rule. (The cleveref package is one of those exceptions: It must be loaded after hyperref.)
Don't load both subfig and subcaption. They are not mutually compatible. Choose only one or the other, but not both.
I use TeXStudio with TeXLive and it works fine. Yesterday I was installing Julia, Atom, Juno, Anaconda and many other things and I also changed some paths in the environment variable of my computer. This caused my TeXStudio shows an exactly similar error as in the question here and also the question in the post in this link (click here).
This is the error I ...
In order to combine multiple TeX files into a single one (which is needed if you want to compile it with a single step into a single PDF) you'll need to use the \include macro that will basically copy the text from the referenced file and paste it into the current document at the position the \include has been encountered (to be more precise that's how \...
Whatever is the system you're using for Chinese (here I use xeCJK), you need to \protect the fragile command \underbrace.
Anyway, I find it a bad idea to have such a complicated set of formulas in a title. And no, don't use Chinese characters in math mode.
Vim provides events for which you can define autocmds to execute whatever you want when an event occurs. :h autocmd-events
I would thus suggest you put the following in ftplugin/tex.vim
autocmd! BufWritePost *.tex normal ,ll
After this line is evaluated, everytime you write with :w on a file which ends with .tex, vim will execute ,ll as if you were in ...
Although Mico already showed how it can be done (+1), and well pointed about the sense of have a numbered caption here, it hasn't been said yet whether if you should do it or not. Ask yourself what the purpose of a footnote is, and if a note with tables serves that purpose. IMHO, accessory texts are not enough important to have detailed data in tables. If ...
You can't have a floating environment, such as figure and table, in a footnote.
Solution: Don't use a table environment. Instead, load the caption package and use its \captionof macro to create the equivalent of a table caption.
Do ask yourself, though, if the tabular material in the footnote really requires a numbered caption.
.aux files are caches to improve compilation, but could become corrupt. You should delete the .aux file, which may have been corrupted during a previous compilation (click on Logs and output files, then on Clear cached files). This also explains why a new project would fix the problem since it doesn't have any auxiliary files to begin with.
arara can change the jobname. I made a copy of pdflatex.yaml called pdflatexX.yaml and changed it in two places, at the identifier:
and at the draft rule (I don't think that it is useful anyway, I never use --draftmode):
- identifier: draft
Here is how I entered in settings.json and it worked well. Thanks user156344.
"editor.fontFamily": "'Droid Sans Fallback', 'Droid Sans Mono', 'monospace', monospace",